dlltool import library build optimization

Nick Clifton nickc@cygnus.com
Mon Jan 3 12:09:00 GMT 2000


Hi Mumit,

: > dlltool doesn't have to create any files at all.  That's a horrible
: > hack.  It should just build the BFD's in memory.
: > 
: 
: I'm about to submit patches for dlltool that will build the BFD's in
: memory. However, I have no clue how to do this for non-i386pe targets,
: so I'll just submit what I have and hope that Nick and others can fill
: in the rest. My changes are essentially DJ's pe-dll retrofitted into
: dlltool, with a few tweaks. Needs testing and cleanup.
: 
: Ideas, Nick?

Non i386-pe DLLs are pretty much the same as i386-pe ones.  I will be
happy to check your patches against eg arm and mcore and fix any
problems that may arise.

Cheers
	Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list