Patches checked into binutils

Alan Modra alan@SPRI.Levels.UniSA.Edu.Au
Fri Feb 25 19:48:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:

> I checked in 2 patches into CVS. In gas/testsuite
>
> 2000-02-25  H.J. Lu <hjl@gnu.org>
>
>         * gas/i386/general.l: Support a.out and coff.
>
> Alan, it is the same problem as the last time.

Oops. Thanks for catching this. I should know by now to run the test suite
for aout and coff. :-(  Trouble was, I didn't add any new insns with
relocs, and so thought the old coff relocs would be OK, but it's not so.
COFF sets the offset in in the object to make jumps go back to zero, and
I'd added some instructions in the middle of the file.

CVS?  I didn't find your patch in the sourceware CVS, so I fixed it
myself.