[patch] Weak symbol support in SOM files.

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Fri Feb 25 17:36:00 GMT 2000

  In message < 200002232034.MAA28209@cygint.cygnus.com >you write:
  > I would like to submit the following patch which implements weak symbol
  > support in SOM files.  Please let me know if this is okay to commit.
  >
  > Catherine
  >
  > bfd/ChangeLog
  > 2000-02-23  Catherine Moore  <clm@cygnus.com>
  >
  >         * som.c (som_misc_symbol_info):  Add field
  >         secondary_def.
  >         (som_bfd_derive_misc_symbol_info):  Initialize
  >         secondary_def.
  >         (som_build_and_write_symbol_table): Keep track
  >         of secondary_def field.
  >         (som_slurp_symbol_table): Set BSF_WEAK symbol flag
  >         if secondary_def field is set.
  >         (som_bfd_ar_write_symbol_stuff): Initialize
  >         secondary_def.
  >

  > gas/ChangeLog
  >
  > 2000-02-23  Catherine Moore  <clm@cygnus.com>
  >
  >         * config/obj-som.c (obj_pseudo_table): Add "weak".
  >         (obj_som_weak): New routine.
It looks fine to me.  Thanks for addng this long standing missing feature.

BTW -- what was the resolution of the problem when you had a weak symbol
definition and a reference to the weak symbol in the same file?

jeff