WinCE support in LD

Nick Clifton nickc@cygnus.com
Wed Feb 23 18:21:00 GMT 2000

Hi Ian,

:    + 	  if (ldfile_open_file_search (arch->name, entry, "", ".lib"))
:    + 	    return;
: 	   }
: 	   einfo (_("%F%P: cannot find %s\n"), entry->local_sym_name);
: 	 }
:
: It seems like this will force every system to start looking for .lib
: files.  That seems definitely wrong on a Unix system.

Why - just because it would slow the link down, or are you worried
that the linker might actually find files ending in .lib that it
should not be looking at ?

: I think this needs to be made emulation specific somehow.

That seems to be the problem - how to tell which emulation is
currently the target.  Maybe we need another field in the
ld_emulation_xfer_struct which is a find-potential-libraries function?