confusing comment for partial_inplace

Nick Clifton nickc@cygnus.com
Wed Feb 23 18:10:00 GMT 2000

Hi Doug,

: bfd-in2.h has this:
:
:         /* When performing a partial link, some formats must modify the
:           relocations rather than the data - this flag signals this.*/
:   boolean partial_inplace;
:
: What is "inplace" refering to?
: When I read the phrase "partial_inplace" it says to me "in the
: section".  However, when I read the comment it says "in the relocs".

It is meant to mean "inside the value that is the target of the
relocation".  ie this only applies to REL relocs (not RELA).

At least that's what I have always understood it to mean.