Seeking from the end of the file in the bfd library

Alan Modra alan@SPRI.Levels.UniSA.Edu.Au
Wed Feb 23 04:19:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, David Welch wrote:

> compiler has the header at the end of the file. But in the version of the
> bfd library included with gdb 4.18, seeking from the end of the file isn't
> supported. Is this restriction relaxed in later versions or are there any
> workarounds?

Current CVS has

  /* For the time being, a BFD may not seek to it's end.  The problem
     is that we don't easily have a way to recognize the end of an
     element in an archive. */

  BFD_ASSERT (direction == SEEK_SET || direction == SEEK_CUR);