binutils development (was Re: Problems building binutils-000220 snapshot)

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Tue Feb 22 07:41:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 03:17:39AM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>    Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:19:21 -0800
>    From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
>
>    On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 08:36:29PM -0800, Doug Evans wrote:
>
>    > Except that the binutils list is now archived.
>    > I looked for redefine-sym in the archives (using the web search
>    > interface) and couldn't find it.  If submitted again, it _would_
>    > be archived this time.
>
>    It doesn't solve my problems.
>
> Can you explain why?
>
> Doug is right: if you send in a patch, it will at least be archived.
> What is wrong with that?  If you don't send in a patch, it will be
> ignored.
>
> I know it is frustrating when it takes a long time to approve a patch.
> However, not sending in the patch at all is not a solution.

Ian, usually you are the only one who will look over my patches. I know
you are very busy. I don't want to put new things on your long backlog
unless I have to. I assume it will help both of us. You have less
things to worry about and my important patches may have a chance to
be looked at with a few months. It looks like we may have more
people working in binutils. Unfortunately, I am very busy now. I
will submit my new patches to the binutils mailing list. It may take
a while to recreate those old patches.

H.J.