binutils development (was Re: Problems building binutils-000220 snapshot)

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Mon Feb 21 21:19:00 GMT 2000

On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 08:36:29PM -0800, Doug Evans wrote:

> Except that the binutils list is now archived.
> I looked for redefine-sym in the archives (using the web search
> interface) and couldn't find it.  If submitted again, it _would_
> be archived this time.

It doesn't solve my problems. I don't want to spend time on it
if I cannot get results. I have a bunch of patches. Can I work
with someone to get them in? Here are some examples in bfd:

Thu Jan 13 12:40:59 2000  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>

        * elflink.h (elf_link_add_object_symbols): Don't add a second
	ELF_VER_CHR if sym.st_shndx is SHN_UNDEF.

Mon Sep 27 11:20:46 1999  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>

        * elflink.h (elf_bfd_final_link): Handle the global symbols
        converted to local in a version script for stripping.
        (elf_link_output_extsym): Likewise.

Wed Dec 23 08:59:23 1998  Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>

        * elf32-i386.c (elf_howto_table): Fix 8/16-bit relocations.

H.J.