binutils development (was Re: Problems building binutils-000220 snapshot)

Graham Stoney greyham@research.canon.com.au
Mon Feb 21 17:25:00 GMT 2000

H . J . Lu writes:
> Just a note. You may have better luck with my linux binutils. Unless
> you want to work on binutils, I don't see any reason to use binutils
> in CVS on Linux. It doesn't have all the new features and bug fixes
> which are in my version. My binutils is pretty much in sync with
> sourceware.

Is there any chance that you and the sourceware guys could get together and
work on a single, unified binutils (which just happens to support Linux)?.

The current situation seems to involve duplication of effort and causes
confusion. It sounds a little like the split in gcc/egcs development, which
thankfully is now resolved. Could we do the same for binutils?

Thanks,
Graham
--
Graham Stoney