Latest snapshot tags

Richard Earnshaw rearnsha@arm.com
Sat Feb 12 04:06:00 GMT 2000

>    Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:22:01 +1300 (NZDT)
>    From: Michael Hayes <m.hayes@elec.canterbury.ac.nz>
>
>    I'd like to request that the binutils sources are tagged with
>    something like binutils_latest_snapshot (in a similar manner as to how
>    gcc is tagged).  This will help people working on new ports to
>    synchronise their source trees.
>
> I guess I don't see why.  binutils snapshots are made daily by an
> automated process.

Now that
i)  The live tree is available via CVS.
ii) The source tree is quite a lot bigger than it used to be.

Is is still sensible to build nightly snapshots?  Gcc seems to manage
fairly well on weekly snapshots, and in some respects this makes a more
stable reference point when folks want to refer to "the current snapshot".

Just some thoughts...

R.