Patch: fix shell lossage in BFD_HAVE_SYS_PROCFS_TYPE_MEMBER

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Thu Feb 10 11:17:00 GMT 2000

   From: Jim Blandy <jimb@cygnus.com>
   Date: 10 Feb 2000 10:12:46 -0500

   Okay, I've got the right tools installed now, and I'm ready to commit
   this, if approved.

   > 2000-02-09  Jim Blandy  <jimb@redhat.com>
   >
   > 	* acinclude.m4 (BFD_HAVE_SYS_PROCFS_TYPE_MEMBER): Don't forget to
   > 	put quotes around the cache variable referenc when passing it to
   > 	`test', so it'll always expand into an argument.

This patch does no harm, so it is OK with me, but I don't understand
why it is necessary.  If this patch is necessary, there are a number
of other places where a cache variable is tested without using quotes.
The autoconf macros should always arrange for a cache variable to have
a non-empty value; why is that not happening for you?

Ian