[patch] binutils/resrc.c

Jamie Guinan guinan@bluebutton.com
Tue Aug 29 16:26:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

I bumped into a bug in "windres" while trying to cross-build
GTK+ on x86 Linux targeting i386-mingw32msvc.

In binutils/resrc.c: close_input_stream(), pclose() is
called twice on the same stream, which calls free() on
the same pointer underneath.  This corrupts the glibc
malloc internal stuff, which later leads to a segfault
inside glibc's malloc.c.   Maybe this doesn't happen
on native Win32, thus no one noticed before.

I've included a small patch, and the .rc file which
triggered the bug when invoked as follows,

$ i386-mingw32msvc-windres glib-win32res.rc glib-win32res.o

although I suppose just about any file would have triggered it.

Cheers,
-Jamie