problem with ld that comes with version 2.10.0.24
Ahmed El-Mahmoudy
ant1@ants.net.dhis.org
Sat Aug 26 08:10:00 GMT 2000
ok, I'm sorry about bothering you, I found that the problem is that
/lib/libc.so was linked to the old libc5 instead of libc6 !
things are going fine now, sorry again ...
On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Ahmed El-Mahmoudy wrote:
> I just installed binutils yesterday, and since then almost all programs
> won't compile, I tried to compile this simple hello world program:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <math.h>
>
> int main(void) {
> double x, y ,z ;
>
> x = 4.5; y = 5.8;
> printf("hello world\n");
> z = pow(x,y);
> }
>
> and I got this error message :
>
> [root on /home/root]#gcc -lm hello.c
> /usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
> /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x1d): undefined reference to `__libc_start_main'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> [root on /home/root]#
>
> what has caused this problem ?
> I am using gcc version 2.95.1, & glibc version 2.1.3
>
>
--
+-----------------------------------------------------+
| Ahmed El-Mahmoudy |
| |
| E-mail reply address : amcons@ritsec3.com.eg |
| Web : http://members.muslimsites.com/aelmahmoudy/ |
| Snail mail : P.O. Box 10 Saray Elkobba, |
| Cairo ,Egypt. |
| Postal Code 11712 |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
More information about the Binutils
mailing list