Changes to gas/write.c and others break the ia32 assembler

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Wed Aug 23 14:02:00 GMT 2000


  In message < orhf8bq001.fsf@guarana.lsd.ic.unicamp.br >you write:
  > --=-=-=
  > 
  > On Aug 23, 2000, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:
  > 
  > > On Aug 23, 2000, "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:
  > >>> How did it work without it, in write.c?
  > 
  > >> Because write.c includes config/obj-elf.h, which defines OBJ_ELF,
  > >> after config/tc-i386.h. OBJ_MAYBE_ELF may be defined in config.h,
  > >> which is a generated file.
  > 
  > > I see.  Thanks, I'll fix that.
  > 
  > i386 was the only affected port that referred OBJ_MAYBE_ELF in its
  > configuration file, so it's the only one I'm modifying.  With this
  > patch, the build with the --enable-targets you reported before passes
  > all ld tests.  Ok to install?
  > 
  > 
  > --=-=-=
  > Content-Type: text/x-patch
  > Content-Disposition: inline; filename=gas-i386-fix-adjustable.patch
  > 
  > Index: gas/ChangeLog
  > from  Alexandre Oliva  <aoliva@redhat.com>
  > 
  > 	* config/tc-i386.h <OBJ_MAYBE_ELF, OBJ_MAYBE_COFF>
  > 	(TC_FIX_ADJUSTABLE): Define.
This is fine.  Please install.
jeff



More information about the Binutils mailing list