[PATCH: re-submit] - fix offsets in DWARF when linking relocatable (-r)
Igor Shevlyakov
igor@windriver.com
Mon Aug 21 14:18:00 GMT 2000
> OK, then, the last time _that_ came up, I think I said that if you
> want to run the debugger on .o files than it should understand relocs,
> as these are an essential part of the .o file format, and that
> includes knowing that RELA relocs generally replace the contents of
> the location they're relocating.
>
> ... but I also said that I don't care that much, so long as there's a
> comment saying this is for compatibility with the vxworks debugger, so
> that future generations won't be puzzled over the code.
It's not only for vxworks debugger compatibility. Readelf for example is not
able to dump debug information correctly from .o file without that patch.
Igor
More information about the Binutils
mailing list