Your patch breaks i386-pe gas

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Wed Aug 16 18:53:00 GMT 2000

   From: "Mark E." <snowball3@bigfoot.com>
   Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 20:01:18 -0400

   > The last time I went through this, everybody agreed that according to
   > the documentation, such as it is, these symbol types should be marked
   > as section -2, but the actual tools all marked them as section -1.
   >
   > So until proven otherwise, I continue to believe that the old gas
   > behaviour matches that of historical COFF assemblers.

   You know your COFF, so if you say it is so I'll buy it.

   But let's please get to it. What should happen now? Is a #define needed so a
   target can select between "historical" and "documented" behavior? And what if
   any changes should be made to the testsuite?

Is there any reason to choose the documented behaviour rather than the
historical behaviour?  You mentioned DJGPP, but did you mean DJGPP
gas?  That can doubtless be fixed in various ways.  Or did you mean
some other tool?

Ian