PATCH [2.10]: accept "strip -d" alias for "strip -g"

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 12:47:00 GMT 2000

Hi Todd,

: The historic BSD strip(1) used "-d" to mean the same as objcopy's "-g", aka
: --strip-debug.  This has been in NetBSD's strip(1) since the dawn of time
: (before we switched to the full binutils), and we hacked it into binutils's
: strip.  Here's a patch to add this back to the binutils sources.  This could
: be added to strip.1, if desired, next to -S, -g, and --strip-debug, but I
: thought this might be better as a hidden compatibility option.

I have accepted and applied your patch.  Thanks.