gas/config/tc-sparc.c broken

Nick Clifton nickc@cygnus.com
Mon Aug 7 11:41:00 GMT 2000

Hi Kazu,

: As far as formatting fixes, would a comparison of disassembly output
: combined with visual inspection count as testing?  I thought about
: comparing the object code side, but that's too weak, I guess.

The best way is to perform a 'before-and-after' comparison of the
relevant testsuite results.  (ie GAS testsuite for GAS changes, GCC
testsuite for GCC changes, etc)

Of course this takes up time and disk space.  Quite a lot of time and
disk space for some toolchains, so you can do a couple of things to
optimise the process:

  * If you are making GAS changes then you do not need the compiler,
    so you can avoid building it (and all the libraries).

  * You can perform the after test(s) first.  If there are no failures
    at all, then there is no need to check the before results.