Absolute paths in BFD

Mark E. snowball3@bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 27 15:19:00 GMT 2000

> Testing something like DOSISH_FILENAMES in binutils/ar.c looks wrong.
> DOSISH_FILENAMES is meaningful on the host, but binutils/ar.c deals
> with files that are specific to the target.

Assuming this is correct, that means that in either configure or configure.in
at the top level needs to set a config.h variable based on the target which
could/would then let the macros for libiberty be set properly. Then replace
DOSISH_FILENAMES with HAVE_DOS_STYLE_FILE_SYSTEM to be like gcc. But before I
get too far with this, by 'target' I'm assuming your talking about a
configure script type of target and not a BFD type of target.