Resurrecting hppa-elf

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Tue Apr 18 21:04:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

> The 32bit PA elf needs a *complete and total* rewrite.  Anything based on
> the old code is horribly broken.
>
> I've tried to explain the issues to HP & the puffins, but they weren't
> particularly interested in listening to why the old 32 PA elf code was
> totally inappropriate for their needs.  I sincerely hope they didn't
> resurrect the old stuff.

That seems to be what has happened.  I'm willing to spend quite a bit of
time to rewrite it properly.  Do you mind pointing me at an email archive
with the above issues you tried to talk about, other than the puffin one,
which I'm dredging through at the moment?

How far along is your elf64-hppa work?

Regards, Alan Modra

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.