ld: .* Not enough room for program headers / linux-mips

Koundinya.K kk@ddeorg.soft.net
Sun Apr 16 21:16:00 GMT 2000

Hi,
This is something from my experience  sometime back.

This might be due to the a problem with the Linker script. Some section in
the input files might not be handled by the Linker script. In case you are
interested in debugging here are some pointers that I can think of.

The segments are created in map_sections_to_segments in bfd/elf.c. You can
try to find out what is causing 6 segments to be created.

You can also try to find out in the the functions _bfd_mips_elf_modify_segmen
t_map() and
_bfd_mips_elf_additional_program_headers() if anything is going wrong. This
will mostly reveal what might be happening exactly.

flo@rfc822.org said:
->  mpz/tdiv_q_2exp.o mpz/tdiv_q_ui.o mpz/tdiv_qr.o mpz/tdiv_qr_ui.o
->  mpz/tdiv_r.o mpz/tdiv_r_2exp.o mpz/tdiv_r_ui.o mpz/ui_pow_ui.o -lgcc
->  -lc -lgcc /usr/lib/gcc-lib/mips-unknown-linux-gnu/egcs-2.90.29/
-> crtendS.o
->  /usr/lib/crtn.o ld: libgmp.so.2.0.2: Not enough room for program
-> headers (allocated 5, need 6) ld: final link failed: Bad value

-> Flo

koundinya