any "ld" VERSIONing experts?

Ulrich Drepper drepper@redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 20:44:00 GMT 2000

Donald Lindsay <dlindsay@cygnus.com> writes:

> I have a case where Solaris tools treat a symbol's version differently
> from the way we treat it.  I could really use some advice about whether
> this is a bug or a feature.

The Solaris implementation and ours are not meant to be the same.  We
took a look at Solaris implementation but then had to extend it
significantly to make it useful.

Anyway, if it's specific about the ld implementation Eric Youngdale
would be the one to talk to (though Ian probably knows these things as
well).  If it's about the format definition, the usage etc you
probably want to talk to me.