Still have problems converting elf32-sh to coff-sh.

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Mon Sep 13 11:16:00 GMT 1999


   From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_Costin?= <costin00@gel.ulaval.ca>
   Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:45:52 -0400

   Since the addend value reported by objdump does not reflect any value
   contained inside the object file and is only used for the final link, I
   wonder why this is not working.

   I thought it was just a matter of using a linker compiled with the
   modifications I made to the bdf backend, but it seems not to work.

   The objdump does not report any offset following the symbol name, but the
   linker does effectively add a negative offset to that symbol.  Is there
   anywhere else the linker could add an offset to a symbol?

The linker will add in the contents of the section as well.  The
relocations may expect different section contents.

Don't focus on the addend reported by objdump.  That's just a
distraction.  Focus on the actual contents of the object file: the
contents of the section, the contents of the relocation entry, and how
the relocation entry is processed.

Ian


More information about the Binutils mailing list