support for picoJava

Steve Chamberlain sac@transmeta.com
Fri Sep 3 08:51:00 GMT 1999

> Is the intent for the target config triple to be pj-transmeta-elf?  I
> was under the impression that PicoJava was an embedded processor/core
> that could be licenced from Sun.  As such, wouldn't it be more correct
> to use pj-unknown-elf like most of the other embedded configurations?

Yes, picoJava can be licensed from Sun.

My reasoning for using a specific triplet was that a `real'
pj-unknown-elf tool chain would build `least surprise' generic
binaries that would run on the Sun picoJava eval board.

Since the tools are not compatible with the de facto generic picoJava
tool chain, and are targeted to a different execution environment, it
seemed that using a generic triplet was incorrect.

But this is pretty nebulous, I'd be happy to take this out and put it
back (or not) when/if Metaware compatibility is finished.

Steve