BFD questions

Ian Lance Taylor ianATzembu.com
Thu Sep 16 20:54:00 GMT 1999

   From: Toshi Morita <tm2@best.com>
   Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:31:58 -0700 (PDT)

   I'm trying to track down a problem where a DWARF1 AT_high_pc attribute of a
   TAG_global_subroutine isn't properly fixed up when performing a final link
   and retains a value of 0x00000010 which isn't anywhere in the executable...

   Can someone point me towards the location where the AT_low_pc and
   AT_high_pc of a TAG_global_subroutine are fixed up when the final
   executable is generated?

As far as I know, the linker has no special handling for DWARF.  It
simply applies the relocations it finds in the object files.

Is it possible that the attribute refers to a symbol in a section
which was removed because it was a linkonce section?  Or is it
possible that you are building a shared library and the attribute
refers to a symbol which is not defined in the shared library?

Ian