Patch to fix internal linker error
Nick Clifton
nickc@cygnus.com
Mon Sep 6 09:18:00 GMT 1999
Hi IAn,
: I would like to apply the following patch. It fixes an internal
: linker error when the arm-pe port is building.
:
: Any objections ?
:
: I'd like to find out more about that error. I don't see any way that
: BLOCK could appear in a node_code field. What am I missing?
Well, I am not sure how it occurs. The problem arises when trying to
build an arm-pe toolchain. The test built of libgcc1-test fails with
this message:
./collect-ld: internal error /home/nickc/work/sources/devo/ld/ldexp.c 573
When I added a call to einfo ("%F%S\n") at line 573 I got:
built in linker script:110
And if I look at line 110 of the builtin script (pe.sc) I see:
.stab BLOCK(__section_alignment__) (NOLOAD) :
{
[ .stab ]
}
.stabstr BLOCK(__section_alignment__) (NOLOAD) :
{
[ .stabstr ]
}
} <===line 110
So I was not at all sure what was going wrong. However, when I
checked the ld.texinfo file it said:
@item BLOCK(@var{exp})
@kindex BLOCK(@var{exp})
This is a synonym for @code{ALIGN}, for compatibility with older linker
scripts. It is most often seen when setting the address of an output
section.
So I reasoned that accepting BLOCK as an ALIGN_K operation would be a
reasonable fix.
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list