vtable.exp fails on ARM...

scottb scottb@netwinder.org
Wed Sep 1 14:01:00 GMT 1999


Catherine Moore wrote:
> 
> :I suspect adding an [istarget "armv*-*-linux*"] to the if clause will
> :solve the problem, but thought I would ask since ARM Linux doesn't use
> :this type of relocation record to my knowledge.
> :
> :Any comments?
> 
>    The default for all of the ARM targets is REL relocs at this point.
>    The expect script needs to be changed to reflect that.  The relocation
>    is used to support the linker option --gc-sections.

I have changed the expect script as mentioned above.  The patch is
attached.  This fixes the failure for me.

Scott

1999-09-01  Scott Bambrough  <scottb@netwinder.org>

	* gas/vtable/vtable.exp: Added [istarget "arm*-*-*"] to run dump 
	test "entry0" instead of "entry1".  ARM targets use REL relocs,
	and should use the test entry0.
vtable.diff



More information about the Binutils mailing list