R_MIPS_PC16 relocation handling, a proposal

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl
Fri Oct 15 02:28:00 GMT 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Geoff Keating wrote:

> The work is to make embedded-pic happen on ELF.

 I see.

> and all the branches which are not to globals are wrong if you want
> pcrel_offset to be set (which you most certainly do or you'll get
> overflows when using ld -r which you wouldn't have gotten otherwise).

 Hmm, I was sure I checked handling of references to local symbols with
the final patch.  I'll develop a fix over weekend -- it should be trivial
as only as gets involved in the process, i.e. no relocations are produced
in an object file.

  Maciej