stabs

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Wed Oct 13 13:56:00 GMT 1999

   From: Dan Sirbu <dans@cae.ca>
   Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:42:49 -0400

      I would like to know how can I compile the linker ld-2.9.1 to generate
   the stabs as gcc-2.7.2.3. I have slackware version 4.0 with ld version 2.8.2
   and this version generates the same stabs as gcc-2.7.2.3. Now, when going to
   RedHat-6.1, the ld version 2.9.1 does not generates the same type of stabs.
   I try to find the version 2.8.2 but i was unable to do so. Instead I found
   the version 2.8.1, I compile it and when linking I get the same stabs as
   with 2.9.1 on the RedHat-6.1.
     What should I do to obtain the same stabs as with gcc-2.7.2.3 when
   compiling the linker (binutils) ?

You don't say what differences you care about.

However, since you are talking about the linker, I recommend trying
the --traditional-format option.

Ian