ARM testsuite failures...
Nick Clifton
nickc@cygnus.com
Fri Oct 29 07:19:00 GMT 1999
Hi Scott,
: I cannot find any documentation on what --gc-sections is supposed to
: do.
>From ld/ld.texinfo:
@itemx --gc-sections
Enable garbage collection of unused input sections. It is ignored
on targets that do not support this option. This option is not
compatible with @samp{-r}, nor should it be used with dynamic
linking. The default behaviour (of not performing this garbage
collection) can be restored by specifying @samp{--no-gc-sections} on
the command line.
: Should this test even be run for targets arm*-unknown-linux-gnu?
I don't see why not. This is a test of the compiler and linker and it
is not OS specific. (It is file format specific, though. It only
works for ELF. But arm-linux uses ELF doesn't it ? )
However the failure of selective6 has been with use for some time. I
belive that Catherine had a fix for it though, so maybe she can
comment.
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list