elf32.em

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Wed Oct 27 16:48:00 GMT 1999

   Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 18:48:30 +1000
   From: Geoff Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>

   In elf32.em, there's this code:

	FIXME: This approach--using bfd_elf_set_dt_needed_name--is not
	very pretty.  I haven't been able to think of anything that is
	pretty, though.  */
     if (bfd_check_format (entry->the_bfd, bfd_object)
	 && (entry->the_bfd->flags & DYNAMIC) != 0)
       {
	 char *filname, *needed_name;

	 ASSERT (entry->is_archive && entry->search_dirs_flag);

	 /* Rather than duplicating the logic above.  Just use the
	    filename we recorded earlier.o

	    First strip off everything before the last '/'.  */
	 filename = strrchr (entry->filename, '/');

   Shouldn't the variable be called 'filename'?

Actually, I think the uses of it should be filname, to avoid
shadowing.  Or we should just remove the declaration of filname, and
use the existing filename local.

Jeff, I'm not sure it's a good idea to try for the .sl extension on
every system type, given that it is only meaningful on HP/UX.  If
there is a long search path, it is a waste of time.  It is also
incorrect in principle.  You can test for a particular emulation using
#ifdef TARGET_IS_xxx.

Ian