Interesting issue

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu Oct 14 11:46:00 GMT 1999

As some of you know I've been beating on PA64 ELF tools for hpux11; I've
basically got them working (including a PA64 linker, shared library support,
and all the usual bells and whistles).

One of the outstanding problems is "static linking" on hpux11 really just
means use .a libraries instead of .sl libraries -- we still need to create
dynamic sections & relocs and all the stuff we do for dynamic links.

The problem (of course) is -static for gld means really do a static link,
no .dynamic section or dynamic relocs, etc etc etc.

Any particularly insightful thoughts on how to make this work?  Anyone else
ever had to do something similar for another braindamaged system?

jeff