gas + prefetch

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Thu Nov 4 07:29:00 GMT 1999

   Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:23:06 +0000 (GMT)
   From: Ronald Benedik <rbenedik@fsmat.htu.tuwien.ac.at>

   I found out the asssembler doesn't reckognize the prefetch instruction of
   the K6-II,K6-III,and probably Athlon. Since a prefetch instruction is a
   good thing, built in support would be of interest also for other people.

Which version of the assembler are you looking at?  I see support for
a few different prefetch instructions in the development sources.

If the prefetch instruction that you want is not in there, I encourage
you to add it to include/opcode/i386.h and send in the patch.

Ian