PATCH for 64-bit MIPS ELF buglets

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Mon Jul 12 14:34:00 GMT 1999


>>>>> "Ian" == Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> writes:

    Ian> There actually is a way to test the code, which is to use the
    Ian> gcc testsuite and a simulator from gdb.  It doesn't catch
    Ian> corner cases, but it does catch basic functionality.

Clever.

Does GCC's MIPS16 support work?  Is there the appropriate GDB
simulation code?  Does anyone have recent benchmarks of GCC + MIPS16
to test against?  How do you run the GCC testsuite in this situation?
(I assume the usual "make check" doesn't cut it.)

I would be willing to give this a go, if someone gives me clear
directions as to what to do.

I do think we should encourage folks to work on the testsuite thing,
though; running the full GCC testsuite is probably a) too
time-consuming and b) too complicated and c) too dependent on GCC,
rather than purely on binutils to be practical as a regular regression
test for most developers.

--
Mark Mitchell                   mark@codesourcery.com
CodeSourcery, LLC               http://www.codesourcery.com


More information about the Binutils mailing list