Variable page size for ELF

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Sat Jul 10 19:44:00 GMT 1999

   Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 19:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
   From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)

   I got a request to support variable page size for ELF. It turned out
   not too hard to implement. Is that interesting to anyone? Should I
   send in my patch which adds "--page-size SIZE" to ld?

It's hard for me to imagine an application for that.  However, if
there is some reason that it is useful, in a way that can not be
handled by simply changing the linker script, then I have no objection
to such an option.  At first glance it seems like anything you can do
by changing the page size you can do by changing the linker script,
using the PHDRS option.

Ian