elf "note" section for win32-style thread context

Ian Lance Taylor ian@airs.com
Thu Jul 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999

   Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 20:36:31 +0400
   From: Egor Duda <deo@logos-m.ru>

   ILT> The prstatus_t stuff is all ELF specific, so you would have to copy it
   ILT> anyhow for the PE-based cygwin code. The current implementation is
   ILT> actually not quite right in that it relies on host header files, and
   ILT> even if the right header files are available can not be built
   ILT> correctly for a cross toolchain.

   i'm  not sure why? you mean that my changes will make cygwin depend on
   bfd?

cygwin already depends upon BFD.

prstatus_t is used in bfd/elf.c, so it is ELF specific.  That ELF code
is not used for the cygwin target.

Moreover, the code in bfd/elf.c depends upon having a host header file
which defines the prstatus_t struct.  Therefore, it does not work when
the binutils are configured as a cross toolchain.

Ian