binutils v2.9.1.0.24 configure errors with bash v1.14.7 and lex warnings

Andreas Schwab schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 1 00:00:00 GMT 1999

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

|> > Hi hjl,
|> >      I'd like to reiterate that the '--export-dynamic' option for
|> > configure is the cause of the exec_prefix being set to null in the
|> > makefile. See my email reply on 5/7/99.

No GNU or Cygnus configure script ever had a --export-dynamic option.  It
is matched by the --ex* pattern in the option parsing switch in the
toplevel configure script, which is then interpreted as --exec-prefix.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"