Fix to common symbol detection

H.J. Lu hjl@lucon.org
Wed Dec 15 07:45:00 GMT 1999

> Hi Ian,
>
> :    +   /* Local symbols do not count.  */
> :    +   if (ELF_ST_BIND (sym->st_info) != STB_GLOBAL)
> :    +     return false;
> :
> : There are processor specific STB_* values too.  In principle they too
> : should go to the hypothetical backend function.
>
> Good point - I checked in the patch with the following change:
>
>   /* Local symbols do not count, but target specific ones might.  */
>   if (ELF_ST_BIND (sym->st_info) != STB_GLOBAL
>       && ELF_ST_BIND (sym->st_info) < STB_LOOS)
>     return false;

Do we support ST_VISIBILITY in the new elf ABI? Ulrich puts the new ABI
support in glibc 2.2. It will be nice to have it in binutils. If you want
to work on the new ELF ABI draft, which I don't expect there will
be any significant changes in its final version, please drop me a line.
I will send it to you.

Thanks.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)