ar rejects as-produced object on HP-UX 10.20

Alexandre Oliva oliva@lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Wed Dec 1 12:42:00 GMT 1999


On Dec  1, 1999, Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> wrote:

> I recommend using a standard binutils release, not HJ's releases.  

The latest binutils release is 2.9.1.  I was testing H.J.'s releases
in the hope that it would help get a new FSF release of binutils out
of the door.  Only after having installed it on a dozen of platforms
and finding problems on a couple of them I found out there were some
non-trivial divergences between H.J's and Sourceware trees.  Even
though I have spotted some problems that were particular to H.J.'s
releases, some are also present in the Sourceware tree.

I myself would rather have both work on as many platforms as possible
:-)

-- 
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm,computer}.org
oliva@{gnu.org,kaffe.org,{egcs,sourceware}.cygnus.com,samba.org}
** I may forward mail about projects to mailing lists; please use them



More information about the Binutils mailing list