R_MIPS_GOT16 bug

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Sun Aug 15 15:46:00 GMT 1999

    Ralf> It now has become an issue of correctness as well.  Even a
    Ralf> relativly small program like vim when configured with perl,
    Ralf> python and X support reaches the size where we run out of
    Ralf> GOT space.

I'm a little bit confused.  I wouldn't have thought things were
*worse* than they were before.  Are they?  If so, I'll have to look at
the old code and see what was working differently.

    Ralf> As you say it looks non-trivial; is this on your agenda for
    Ralf> the next time?

Well, there's no `the next time' at this point.  Obviously, I'm open
to additional contracts, but the only action currently contracted is
fixing the kind of bugs you're reporting; I'm obligated to leave
things in a state no worse than that in which I found them.  So, if
this has really gotten worse, I'll do my best to fix it.