PE patches available

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 12 13:30:00 GMT 1999

Hi Donn,

Ran into a few nits when building for Cygwin --

1. you mention that you've *put back* the .bss handling, but it's missing
 from the post-patched ld/scripttempl/pe.sc. I just put it in my hand.

2. bfd/Makefile.in needs peigen.lo as target. Trivial obviously.

3. the $ENTRY in pe.sc expands to __mainCRTStartup, but Cygwin provides
  _mainCRTStartup. Trivial to fix/make consistent of course.

The final executable doesn't work yet, but that I did expect. I'll do
some digging to see why it's not loading correctly (under Cygwin or
Mingw which uses MS runtime).

btw, I always thought that the Makefiles were setup to do the `make
headers' automatically in bfd. Guess not.

Regards,
Mumit