Problems with the GNU linker....

ralf@uni-koblenz.de ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Sat Jan 9 16:31:00 GMT 1999

On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 08:40:55AM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> The GNU linker does not fully support shared libraries on MIPS ELF
> platforms.  It seems to work well enough for MIPS GNU/Linux; I don't
> know the details, and I don't know if all the patches have been
> integrated into the mainline sources.

I've got patches which fix the handling of .reginfo sections in binutils
2.9.1, the handling of %hi, %HI and %lo and a few bfd coredumps for
Linux/MIPS.

The two open bugs are symbol versioning which as I understand elf32-mips.c
will require rewriting the .got handling.  Right now the attempt to use
symbol versioning on MIPS will result in core dumps and large amounts of
assertion failures.  The other open bug is that ld emits a couple of
apparently bogus warnings about symbols changing their types when linking
dynamic programs.

  Ralf