tromey/python non-trivial merge notification

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Oct 14 14:30:00 GMT 2013

Phil> Then we thought about using current_interp_command_loop instead.  This
Phil> would work fine, but it would be MI incompatible.  I could not think
Phil> of a reason why gdb.cli() would be invoked from MI. (It does not make
Phil> a whole lot of sense to do so, but someone might prove me wrong ;) )

Yeah.
The intended use for this feature was to be able to start gdb without a
CLI, using "gdb -P"; then later give the user a CLI if "something happened".
There's no reason to do this kind of thing in MI.

Tom