Re: How do I capture the text "around" a node?

Hi Peter,

> While apply-templates works as you said, the problem i have is that
> I want to remove the chars (), hence I tried value-of

You didn't show the problem that you're having with ()s in your
example. Perhaps if you show us an example showing ()s and the output
that you want we'd be able to help you with it.

> I'm reluctant to purchase a book as a reference as I understand that
> somethings are not set in concrete yet.

XPath and XSLT 1.0 has been "set in concrete" since November 1999.
Most of the XSLT books that are on the market at the moment cover
XPath and XSLT 1.0 (an exception is Mike Kay's XSLT Programmer's
Reference, 2nd edition, which also covers the XSLT 1.1 Working Draft,
which will never be set in concrete).

Cheers,

Jeni

---