From: owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com]On Behalf Of Jeni Tennison
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 12:50 AM
To: Technik
Cc: [LIST] XSL
Subject: Re: [xsl] Parameters set by user

Hi Matthias,

Cocoon can be set up to pass either particular parameters or all
request parameters into the stylesheet. To do either, you need to set
up the sitemap so that parameters are passed into the particular
transformation.

For example, you could have something like:

  <map:match pattern="search">
    <map:generate src="list.xml" />
    <map:transform src="list.xsl">
      <map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true" />
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize />
  </map:match>

which means that when the URL has request parameters, for example:

  .../search?search=a

then the request parameters are passed in as parameters to the
stylesheet as well. So the above URL would pass in the value "a" as
the value of the parameter $search.

Cheers,

Jeni