Re: incrementing a variable

Thanks Andrew,

To complete the thread, and just in case anyone else is searching this list for incrementing code, here is mine:

<xsl:variable name="NUMIMAGES">
<xsl:value-of select ="count(/NewsML/NewsItem/NewsComponent/NewsItem/NewsComponent/NewsComponent/ContentItem/Encoding/DataContent)" />
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:element name="a">
<xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:value-of select="$page-name"/>.<xsl:value-of select = "$NUMIMAGES - position() + 1"/>.jpg</xsl:attribute>
<b>
Click here for Article!<br/>
</b>
</xsl:element>
</xsl:for-each>

Andrew Welch wrote:

I am having difficulties with the following piece of code. I wish to decrement the value of $NUMIMAGES on each iteration of a for-each loop.
I suppose the simplest thing to do here is to minus the position() of
the current element in the for-loop, thereby decrementing the value each
time:

value="$NUMIMAGES - position() + 1"

instead of 1.

cheers