Re: Implementing XPointer Resolution With saxon:evaluate()

Jeni Tennison wrote:

> First option, since you're using extensions anyway, you could use
> EXSLT's func:function to define a function for resolve-pointer. You
> should be able to rejig the resolve-xpointer code so that it
> recursively puts together a node-set rather than copying the nodes,
> and then return that node set from the function, setting the variable
> with:
>
>   <xsl:variable name="members" select="isogen:resolve-xpointer()" />

Ok, I'm trying this, but I must be missing something in the Saxon and
EXSLT docs. Here is my stylesheet element:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink";
  xmlns:xindr="http://www.isogen.com/papers/xindirection.xml";
  xmlns:xindrf="http://www.isogen.com/functions/xindirection";
  xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";
  xmlns:func="http://www.exslt.org/functions";
  extension-element-prefixes="func xindrf"

And here is my function declaration:

<func:function name="xindrf:resolve-xpointer">
</func:function>

And here is my first invocation of it:

[line 114]:      <xsl:variable name="members"
select="xindrf:resolve-xpointer()"/>

When I process the style sheet, Saxon gives me this response:

Error at xsl:variable on line 114 of
file:/C:/cygwin/home/eliot/cvsisogen/external-communications/w3
c-submissions/xindirect/test/test-xindirect.xsl:
  The URI http://www.isogen.com/functions/xindirection does not identify
an external Java class

But I got the impression from the Saxon docs that the EXSLT stuff should
just work. What have I missed? Since Saxon isn't complaining about the
func:function elements, that must be at least the correct namespace
declaration.

Thanks,

Eliot
--