Re: stripping leading and trailing newlines from xml

Hello Mike,

Suppose xml is like
-----------------------------------
\n
<xml>
   <tag1>  x </tag>
   <tag2> y </tag>
</xml>
\n
------------------------------------

where \n is a newline. I want to have the entire format as it is, except for the leading and trailing newlines. I mean the output should be just,

<xml>
   <tag1>  x </tag>
   <tag2> y </tag>
</xml>

Is there a way in xsl to do this? I tried, normalize-space() only to find out that all the format of xml file is gone. I want to have extra spaces on all the lines, except for the first and last newlines.

Thanks for your help,
Aparna