Re: Converting Strict XHTML + CSS with XSLT

Jeni Tennison wrote:
I think
that you will find this very hard to do using XSLT, mainly because
parsing CSS (or any text-based format) is not particularly easy. If I
were you, I'd have two steps: one to create an XML version of the CSS
and the other to do the actual interpretation of the XHTML against the
CSS. The hard thing then will be working out how to match a particular
XHTML element against the CSS selectors, particularly doing so quickly
and efficiently.
I think selectors can be translated to XPath match patterns
easily. The whole process would be:
- XMLify CSS, including transforming CSS selectors to XPath
- generate a XSLT from the XCSS which will attach XCSS styles
  to matched elements
- run the "enrichment" XSLT on the XHTML
- run the final transformation.

Question: Why isn't anyone working on XCSS, or am I something
missing?

J.Pietschmann