Re: How to throw transformation to browser

Thought 1:

Wouldn't the browser store the single stylesheet in its cache? I bet so...

Thought 2:

If it is big, compress it ;-)
Compression support in browsers is older than XML support, so that should be no problem.

Thought 1 + Thought 2 = Thought 3:

This formula is usually true:
compressed_size(file1+file2) < compressed_size(file1)+compressed_size(file2)

In my company, we are experts at website optimizing. If you need detailed advice (read: consultancy service), our company will be glad to help you.

Antonio Fiol Bonnín

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

Haha, yes, that's true. That's only for the front page, though, where
the only thing we need is the attribute page="home" to tell what page
it is. The real beauty of our system is with the articles
(http://www.ballsome.com/test/games/hardware/articles/20011107-1.xml).
We decided it would be better to split it up into two stylesheets,
one for the main pages, one for the article pages, so users don't
have to download a huge stylesheet for each page.

Any thoughts would be welcome, however.

- -joeljkp

http://www.ballsome.com